When we talk about overall body care, hair removal is easily the one thing that’s both hard and very expensive as well. If you are like all of the traditional crowd, you probably have a bunch of different methods to remove your hair. Waxing is an option that is transforming into an expensive process, and shaving leaves a bad stubble behind that you don’t need. Well, this is where we needed a new device that could handle better hair removal with lesser problems and in comes the epilator.
An epilator is a great tool that comes in different sizes and shapes. Some of these devices work better for the facial hair like your beard and some work better for the body hair and other areas. In this article, we’ve tried to get an approach that focuses on the complete analysis of the market for epilators and their reviews.
What is an epilator?
An Epilator is a replacement device to the traditional shaver. The main difference between an epilator and a shaver is that it doesn’t slice the hair, it tweezes it out with the help of built-in tweezers. Each epilator has around 20 to 72 different sorts of tweezers that pull out hair from the desired area of the body.
The epilator is considered as a device that’s relatively new to the market, but it isn’t, in fact, it has been around since the 80’s. The first prototypes made to sell out in the general public were not a fan favorite which caused the market to discontinue them. However, after a few years, they returned to business with a newer technique that impresses the crowd.
For pain reduced grooming sessions, epilators are just the thing that you should use. The hypoallergenic ceramic disks utilized in the epilators are present to reduce irritation along with the massagers that are present to provide you a tantalizing sensation.
Advantages of Epilating
Choosing epilators over shaving has its perks and let us elaborate on such perks.
- Long lasting. Epilators are similar to waxing because they keep your hairless for a longer span of time. Hair follicles are completely pulled out from the skin that makes you hairless for a longer time.
- A much cleaner alternative.Everyone knows how waxing can be a mess and how shaving isn’t a great option in that regard either. Epilating is a cream free, blade free solution that doesn’t require an add-on for you to work on your hair trimming process. It can easily be admitted that the only cleaner alternative to epilating would be waxing which we all know is a mess.
- Budget friendly. An epilator is an investment that doesn’t require add-ons and each of these budget-friendly devices can last you a lifetime. Take booking appointments and buying creams off your list. All you have to do is turn the epilator on and remove your hair quickly from any area that you may need.
- Skin friendly. An Epilator is currently the most skin friendly option to remove hair. We all know how razors can be a danger to our skin. Waxing isn’t exactly the perfect investment either as with each strip you remove a layer of your skin.
- Use it anywhere. The majority of such devices can be used anywhere on the body. Some of the products that are currently in the market specialize in taking the hair off your sensitive area, but the rest target all areas of your body altogether.
Selecting the best epilator
Choosing the best epilator is something that may be hard, and we are here to help you by providing vital information regarding this product
- Corded or Cordless: Both of these options carries different benefits. A cordless epilator is ideal for travelers that want to take their hair removal device with them, wherever they go. For people that have wet and dry epilators, they can be used in the shower as well. Be careful with completely corded epilators, they don’t have to be anywhere near the shower.
One huge perk with the corded epilators is that you get free from the boundaries of battery life.
Cordless epilators are weak on battery life and merely last 20 to 30 minutes. If you have less hairy issues and can get your job done in that time, then there’s no problem with them. While as corded users have no worries of time and can use such things anytime as long as they want.
- Battery or Rechargeable: There are two different types of cordless devices out there in the market. The ones that come with a rechargeable and removable battery are the cheaper models. These models are okay if you want to take them with you on a vacation but for everything else, we really won’t recommend such a thing. One of the main reasons for such the thing is that they take the budget friendly point out of the context.
Rechargeable battery epilators are a better option. These devices are even waterproof most of the times and can be used in the shower. If you’re okay with the battery life, these are the best things that you can get.
- Wet & Dry:The real difference between wet and dry comes when you have a particular type of necessity according to your hair. Epilating with dry hair is considered as the better option as they don’t stick to your body and they don’t provide you much pain either. When you work with a dry body, the time for epilating is lesser as your work is being done way faster. For anyone that like to soften out the process, the use of lukewarm water can be great.
What happens to the pain?
If you search the internet for the first time, you’ll find a lot of queries regarding epilation pain but they are mostly for first timers, and the truth is it runs off you later on. We won’t lie when we say that epilating is painful. Some people consider a painless process; some find it excruciating at first. At the end of the day, it’s all about the epilator that you select.
Top 5 Epilator Reviews
We reviewed five of the best epilators out there in the market. These epilators differ from one another in areas like quality, the material used and type. The prices are a huge difference too, but they depend on the features that the device provides.
Braun Silk Epil 9
This is easily the best selling epilator in the market today. The Braun Silk Epil 9 is a device that features a complete body hair removal solution. A cordless dry or wet epilator that is state of the art.
It isn’t only the best-built epilator out there; it is also the best feature filled device. Pivoting head makes hair pulling easier and way better. A smart light is also a great feature that helps in eliminating the remaining hair follicles. Whether you’re a beginner or a pro, this machine is great for you. With its 40 tweezer technology and five different usable caps, this is something that you can use on a daily basis. If you are looking for a product that is amazing regarding quality and can last you a lifetime, this is the product you need.
Philips Satinelle HP6401
If you don’t need a cordless epilator that may be useful for you in the shower, go with a good quality corded product that may help you ease things out. We say this because over analysis it has been found that these devices are perhaps a waste of time and money due to crappy battery life. Would you like it if your battery dies half way when you’re epilating? Of course not and this is where corded epilators take over.
The Philips Satinelle is perhaps the best-corded epilator that you can find in the market. There’s a reason why it’s considered the best-corded epilator. Not only is it a quality device, but it also comes with a great set of features for your complete body. The easy clean action is the best thing that can be featured in the device and two different trimming speeds make it usable for sensitive areas as well. Suits both genders and makes sure all the areas are covered. It isn’t usable in contact of water, but a small amount of water on the head won’t affect the device.
If you’re someone that needs to save up on cash, Emjoi AP-18 is a great option. No, you won’t get a fancy brand name on your machine, but you’ll get a device that knows how to do its job. The size of the epilator is quite large but the work of the device makes it the size bearable.
This is another device which is quite unisex and can be used on the intimate areas as well. A state of the art 72 whooper machine makes it different than others and second to none for efficiency. It First of its kind to provide silver ion technology that isn’t currently found in any of the devices in town.
The device can only be used on dry skin. This means if you’re a fan of using it in the shower, this isn’t for you. However, the 72 tweezer system makes hair pulling almost unnoticed which is a huge add-on. If you’re okay with the only dry part, then this is one product that you need to have.
The ES-ED90 is one device that comes in head to head with the Braun Silk Epil. Of course, the device isn’t as high selling as the Braun is but its 5-star reviews make it a tough monster to stand out in the crowd. If you want to find yourself an epilator that stays with you for a longer time, this is the device you need. Countless companies release new models each week, each of these models capable of something different. Panasonic believes in giving everything to one and only one model. The result: An epilator that’s a fan favorite.
The ES-ED90 is a complete device that goes full body. From your sensitive areas to your facial hair, this device can work with anything. Although, some reviews state that this device isn’t the right tool if you’re looking for face epilation. One such feature of this device that is a crowd favorite is the pedicure buffer. This fantastic addition made the device come toe to toe with giants like Braun, which is a huge achievement in itself. Other epilators in the same price and quality range stand down when we talk about the Panasonic ES-ED90 as it is the only device that’s perhaps on the very top of a mountain.
Emjoi Epi Slim
The Emjoi Epi Slim is where we’ll end the complete written piece as it is ideal to take alongside travel. It has a slim design as the name suggests and a longer battery life that you wouldn’t want to miss out on. This epilator is perfect for home use as well but keeping such devices for traveling is a much better option.
This device targets even more sensitive areas of the body: the upper lip, the chin, the underarms, and the bikini line. For all of these parts, this is a device that you’ll love dearly. It is capable of doing legs as well as the battery life is long lasting, something that is a huge feature.
Why we love this epilator is because it’s different in every way. It’s easily the only device that has a bigger and stronger battery life than others. We haven’t’ commented much on other cordless devices but for this, we’d want to make sure it’s with you. This is also just the thing for you if you prefer waxing in a cleaner way. And for everything else, this is the perfect epilator that you can find.